James D. Watson
James Dewey Watson (1928 nî 4 goe̍h 6 —) sī Bí-kok ê hun-chú seng-bu̍t-ha̍k-ka, kap Francis Crick chò-hoé hoat-hiān DNA ê kiat-kò͘. Watson, Francis Crick, kap Maurice Wilkins 3 ê lâng chò-tīn the̍h tio̍h 1962 nî ê Nobel Seng-lí-ha̍k I-ha̍k Chióng.
Watson in 2012
James Dewey Watson
1928 nî 04 goe̍h 06 ji̍t (94 hòe)
|Thesis||The Biological Properties of X-Ray Inactivated Bacteriophage (1951)|
|Doctoral advisor||Salvador Luria|
|Other notable students|
- "Watson, Prof. James Dewey". Who's Who. ukwhoswho.com. 2015 (online Oxford University Press pán.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- Anon (1981). "Dr James Watson ForMemRS". royalsociety.org. London: Royal Society. goân-loē-iông tī November 17, 2015 hőng khó͘-pih.
- Anon (1985). "James Watson EMBO profile". people.embo.org. Heidelberg: European Molecular Biology Organization.
- "Copley Medal". Royal Society website. The Royal Society. April 19, 2013 khòaⁿ--ê.
- Capecchi, Mario (1967). On the Mechanism of Suppression and Polypeptide Chain Initiation (PhD thesis). Harvard University. Pang-bô͘:ProQuest.
- Steitz, J (2011). "Joan Steitz: RNA is a many-splendored thing. Interview by Caitlin Sedwick". The Journal of Cell Biology. 192 (5): 708–709. doi:10.1083/jcb.1925pi. PMC . PMID 21383073.
- Hopkin, Karen (June 2005). "Bring Me Your Genomes: The Ewan Birney Story". The Scientist. 19 (11): 60.
- Anon (1993). "Richard J. Roberts – Biographical". nobelprize.org. goân-loē-iông tī March 4, 2016 hőng khó͘-pih. February 28, 2016 khòaⁿ--ê.
- Ferry, Georgina (2014). EMBO in perspective: a half-century in the life sciences (PDF). Heidelberg: European Molecular Biology Organization. p. 145. ISBN 978-3-00-046271-9. OCLC 892947326. goân-loē-iông (PDF) tī August 24, 2016 hőng khó͘-pih.
- Ferry, Georgina (2014). "History: Fifty years of EMBO". Nature. London. 511 (7508): 150–151. doi:10.1038/511150a. PMID 25013879.
- James D. Watson Collection at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Library
- DNA – The Double Helix Game from Nobelprize.org
- MSN Encarta biography (Archived 2009-10-31)
- DNA Interactive – This site from the Dolan DNA Learning Center (part of CSHL) commemorates the discovery of the structure of DNA and includes dozens of animations, as well as interviews with James Watson and others.
- DNA from the Beginning – another DNA Learning Center site on the basics of DNA, genes, and heredity, from Mendel to the Human Genome Project.
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- James D. Watson on Charlie Rose
- James D. Watson at TED
- James D. Watson tī Bāng-lō͘ Tiān-iáⁿ Chu-liāu-khò͘
- Works by or about James D. Watson in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- James D. Watson collected news and commentary at The New York Times
- A Revolution at 50, February 25, 2003
- James D. Watson on Nobelprize.org
- Articles and interviews
- BBC Four Interviews Archived December 12, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. – Watson and Crick speaking on the BBC in 1962, 1972, and 1974.
- NPR Science Friday: "A Conversation with Genetics Pioneer James Watson" – Ira Flatow interviews Watson on the history of DNA and his recent book A Passion for DNA: Genes, Genomes, and Society. 2002-06-02
- NPR Science Friday "DNA: The Secret of Life" – Ira Flatow interviews Watson on his new book. 2003-05-02
- Discover "Reversing Bad Truths" – David Duncan interviews Watson. 2003-07-01
- Two remembrances of James Watson by one of the founders of molecular genetics, Esther Lederberg, can be found at http://www.estherlederberg.com/Anecdotes.html#WATSON1 and http://www.estherlederberg.com/Anecdotes.html#WATSON2
- James Watson telling his life story at Web of Stories
- American Masters: Decoding Watson PBS film about Watson, including extensive interviews with him, his family, and colleagues. 2019-01-02.
- James D. Watson, Ph.D. Biography and Interview on American Academy of Achievement
|Pún bûn-chiuⁿ sī chi̍t phiⁿ phí-á-kiáⁿ. Lí thang tàu khok-chhiong lâi pang-chō͘ Wikipedia.|